The Yocto Project is happy to announce Yocto Project Developer Day on March 26, 2015, in Fremont, California USA. This is just down the street from the Embedded Linux Conference on the day after ELC, so make your plans to stay for a day and spend some time with the Yocto Project maintainers. Learn about the project with hands-on labs and advanced talks, and take home the development board of your choice. You can check out the initial schedule, and be sure to ask if you have any questions.
A limited number of early bird registration is available until March 1: only $149, board included! It'll be $199 after March 1, so register soon.
Many thanks to Yocto Project Gold member Mentor Graphics for sponsoring the venue and food for this event.
Go back to school with the coolest teachers and perks!
The Yocto Project enables users to build custom embedded Linux operating systems by using layers and recipes. The system is designed to resolve incompatibilities between different configurations and scale to the needs of hundreds of embedded platforms and many architectures. Yocto Project Developer Day is a fast way to get you accustomed to using this flexible and powerful build environment.
- The teachers: Yocto Project maintainers guide you step by step, sharing inside tips and practical advice on how to navigate the building process smoothly.
- The classes: Attend advanced and beginners classes according to your self-assess level. A preliminary schedule is available.
- Learning aids: Choose a development board to play with and keep at the end of the day. Beaglebone Black, MinnowBoard Max, and Wandboard Quad are your weapons of choice. Make your selection upon registering.
- Alumni: Our labs have become a tradition among embedded engineers, gathering hundreds of attendees each year. According to one recent attendee “People were knowledgeable and they answered all my questions”, so all the more reason to come and hang with us for the day!
- Tuition fees: A limited number of early bird registrations are available until March 1: only $149, board included! It'll be $199 after March 1, so register now.
- The campus: Mentor Graphics Inc., 46871 Bayside Parkway, Fremont, CA, USA. Many thanks to Mentor Graphics for sponsoring the venue and food for this event.
- Homework: A lot of attendees continued their exercises even after the Dev Day was over, but that’s entirely up to you. “The internet ate my download” is an acceptable excuse for us.
- Campus policies and procedures: Please bring your own laptop with SSH (required) and VNC (optional) clients installed, capable of connecting to a remote server through a network via SSH. The lab exercises are conducted in virtual machines on a private cloud server with a QEMU-based embedded environment, so don't be worried if you don't have Linux on your laptop yet.*
Please also read our Event Code of Conduct.
* Linux and MacOS users already have SSH clients installed by default. For Windows users, we recommend using cygwin, PuTTy, or mysysgit. If you need help installing one of these clients, come visit us during ELC at the Yocto Project booth and one of us will help. Any further requirements will be sent by email before the event. If you need more answers or have any trouble, please contact Jefro, Yocto Project community manager & school principal.